Saturday, September 22, 2007

Week 3 NFL Picks

Update on the College Picks I made – 3-4, with the UCLA-Washington State game still going on. Ugh. But whatever, here are the quick hitter NFL picks with spreads provided by our good friend Bill Simmons because our other good friends at the legal because it's offshore gambling website bodog.com are having technical issues.


 

Updated -


 

Colts (-6) @ Texans – My Pick = Ind 31 – Hou 14 - I would seriously consider picking Houston if one of the best wide receivers in the league, Andre Johnson were playing in today's game. But he isn't, thus the pick is Peyton Manning and the improved Indianapolis defense.

Chargers (-5) @ Packers – My pick = SD 21-GB 15 - The pick is the Chargers, because of their strong pass rush against a relatively weak Packers offensive line. With that being said I would not be at all surprised if the Packers beat the Chargers in what should be one of the best games in the league.

Vikings @ Chiefs (-2.5) – My Pick = Min 14-KC13 – The choice goes to the stronger defense, but don't be surprised to see Patrick Surtain or Ty Law returning an interception for a touchdown to win the ballgame. But the team I feel is more likely to at least cover is the Vikings.

Bills @ Patriots (-16.5) – My Pick = NE 31 – Buf 14 – It would appear at this point and time that I am completely wrong about my sleeper pick. But the Bills have had to face three of the best AFC teams in their first three weeks with the Patriots, Steelers, and Broncos serving as their opponents. On a side note – how great is it to see that Kevin Everett will be able to walk within a couple weeks? But with that being said, I still like the Patriots to cover, but just barely in New England.

Rams @ Bucs (-3.5) – My Pick = STL 21-TB 20 - The Rams have to play better this week don't they? I really don't have anything to say about either of these teams because they thoroughly confuse me.

Lions @ Eagles (-6.5) – My Pick = PHI 24 – DET 13 – This will be the week that everyone finds out about both of these teams. If the Lions come out victorious, it can plainly be said that the Eagles are done and there is a good chance the Lions could win the NFC North and contend for the Super Bowl (I really hope that I don't have to contemplate this).

Steelers (-9) @ 49ers – My Pick = PIT 31 – SF 7 – What an AFC layoffs we're going to have if the Steelers continue to play like they have in the first two weeks. In addition, San Francisco has zero chance this week.

Dolphins @ Jets (-3) – My Pick = MIA 13 – NYJ 12 – This could be the worst game of the week, so in probably my most sound way of picking games, I'm going to pick the Dolphins to win.

Cardinals @ Ravens (-8) – My Pick = BAL 20 – ARI 10 – Baltimore's offense will have to play better in order to compete in the stacked AFC, but I expect the Ravens defense to shut down Arizona's offense in Maryland.

Bengals @ Seahawks (-3) – My Pick = SEA 38 – CIN 34 – The Seahawks better score, because you know the Bengals will put up at least 21 points. I expect Matt Hasselbeck to have a big game, and the Seahawks to prevail in the very tough Qwest field in front of the 12th man (which was unfortunately lifted from Texas A&M).

Giants @ Redskins (-3.5) – My Pick = WAS 31 – NYG 21 – I've been saying this for a while, but the Redskins are very good. Especially Jason Campbell, who throws one of the best deep balls in the league. But the best thing about the Redskins is their running game and secondary, two units that will have a big game this week against the horrendous Giants.

Browns @ Oakland (-3.5) – My Pick = OAK 17 – CLE 13 – Can Derek Anderson repeat his Cincinnati performance? No.

Jaguars @ Broncos (-3) – My Pick = JAX 14-DEN 13 – I'm trying to vary from the Sports Guy's picks, but we are agreeing like crazy. Oh wait, here are some different opinions.

Panthers (-4) @ Falcons – My Pick = CAR 14 – ATL 7 – I have a feeling that this will be a truly ugly game. But once again, you have to go against Joey Harrington and the Falcons.

Cowboys @ Bears (-3) – My Pick = CHI 31 – DAL 17 – Please Rex, I keep defending you and you keep making me look like a moron. Please Rex, play well and don't turn the ball over. On a side note – the Cowboys are overrated.

Titans @ Saints (-4.5) – My Pick = Ten 31 – NO 14 – In addition to the Cowboys, the Saints are also overrated. The Titans defense will shut down the New Orleans offense, especially the Saints running backs. Expect this game to be really boring, and Vince Young to come out victorious, this time with LenDale White on his side.


 

I just finished this, but I'm just going to straight post it without proof reading because I need to go to bed because I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow. A concoction of NFL football, EPL Soccer, Computer Analysis, Communication Technology studying, Legal and Ethical Communications review, and a marketing meeting to break up the monotony of the day. Joyous joy.


 


 


 


 

No comments: