Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 4 College Pickoff

Alright, we're back for more picks. This is going to be a short rendezvous, because I have a ton of things to do tonight.

Record to Date: 19-5. I have currently picked more games right than everyone of the seven talented writers at the Daily Iowan, expect Diane Hendrickson who has a magnificent record of 22-2 to date. Good for her.

Iowa @ Wisconsin – The Hawkeyes will play well on defense like they did last year, but the offense will not be able to generate enough in the passing game to end the longest winning streak in the country.

South Carolina @ LSU – I'm rooting for LSU to win every week because I would really like to see a USC-LSU national championship game.

Penn State @ Michigan – Penn State plays a more balanced, traditional offense that suites the strengths of the Michigan defense better than the spread offenses in which they were blown out by. With that being said, I still like Michigan in a closer than expected game.

Georgia @ Alabama – This is going to be an excellent game decided by, in my opinion, the home crowd.

Michigan State @ Notre Dame – You have to score points to win football games, and Notre Dame does not have an offensive touchdown in three games.

Illinois @ Indiana – James Hardy and Kellen Lewis prove to be too much for Illinois' young secondary.

Kentucky @ Arkansas – The Louisville and Kentucky game I picked last week didn't count because, apparently, I was on par with the DI reporters all along. But anyway, I nearly called it. With that being said, I like the running combination of Felix Jones and Darren McFadden to triumph over a Kentucky defense that I do not think is ready for it. (Good Analysis, I know)

Washington @ UCLA – UCLA starting quarterback Ben Olsen has been ruled out with headaches for Saturday's game, but with that being said, I still like the UCLA defense to step up to the challenge in the Rose Bowl.


 


 

 

No comments: