Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 3 College Picks

Last Week = 7-0, Updated picks to date: 12-3

Remember: These college picks are without point spreads, unlike my NFL picks.

I, for some reason, only picked seven games last week where the Daily Iowan staff picked eight. I believe the game that I didn't pick was the Texas-TCU game, but I'm not sure because I threw away last Friday's Daily Iowan.

So what I'm going to do to make it so that we're even is that I'm going to pick what I deem as the closest game for the week. That game, not included in the Daily Iowan picks will be..

Louisville @ Kentucky – This should be a great game with one of the most underrated players in the country in Kentucky quarterback Andre Woodson going up against what appears to be a very weak Louisville defense. But in the end, I think the experience of Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm will prevail, and Louisville will barely escape Lexington with a close Svictory.

Here are the eight games that the Daily Iowan picked…

Iowa @ Iowa State – Iowa State will probably cover the eighteen point spread, but the Hawkeyes will have a relatively easy game shutting down the Iowa State offense with one of the best defenses in the Big Ten.

Notre Dame @ Michigan – The Michigan running game with Mike Hart will punish the Notre Dame offense in the lowest rated Michigan-Notre Dame game in twenty years.

USC @ Nebraska – The Trojans have the better defense, but not by much. This will be an excellent game, but USC will eventually come out victorious.

Tennessee @ Florida – I'm still unsure about Florida, who have a relatively inexperienced (throwing) quarterback, and they are also facing a very experienced quarterback in Tennessee's Erik Ainge. But Florida has the superior speed, so they are the pick in the Swamp.

Arkansas @ Alabama – People focus on stud running backs Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, but the Arkansas defense will have to play very well in order for Arkansas to experience the same success they had last year. But I don't think they'll play well enough against John Parker Wilson and the Alabama offense on Saturday.

Ohio State @ Washington – The pick is Ohio State, who could be subject to an upset with inexperienced starters at both the quarterback and wide receiver positions. But I don't expect that upset to come this week against Tyrone Willingham's Huskies.

Boston College @ Georgia Tech – Georgia Tech looked fantastic against Notre Dame, especially their defense. And I expect another great game from the dreadlocked Yellow Jacket defense against, what I think, is a very overrated Boston College team.

Pittsburgh @ Michigan State – Who cares?


 

No comments: