Friday, September 7, 2007

ME vs DI - Week 2

Last Week = 5-3, better than two out of seven DI reporters, and tied with one DI reporter.


My Picks for this Week


Syracuse at Iowa – My Pick: Iowa 27 – Syracuse 10. The Hawkeye fans will be very quiet after the intros, and will be like that for the vast majority of the season. Also, I won’t be able to see this game while living in Iowa City because the lovely people at Mediacom – Iowa City’s cable provider - will not carry the game.

Virginia Tech at LSU – My Pick: LSU 27 – VT 7. I’m looking forward to this game so very much. Two of the three best conferences are playing against each other, and I expect Virginia Tech will be overmatched against the speed of LSU.

Miami at Oklahoma – My Pick: OK 24 – MIA 21. I’m pulling for Miami, but Oklahoma will win with a far superior offense.

Notre Dame at Penn State – My Pick: PSU 31 – ND 14. Penn State is a really good team who I think will win the Big Ten, and they are a dark horse to play in the national championship game. Mark it down. On a different note, Charlie Weis is the most overrated head coach in college football.

Nebraska at Wake Forest – My Pick: NEB 38 – WF 24. Although they will win this week, I remember a time when I used to think – “who would pick Nebraska over a school in California or Florida?” Now I’m glad to see that high school recruits are thinking like me.

South Florida at Auburn – My Pick: USF 17 - AUB 10. I was thoroughly disappointed with the Auburn offense last week against Kansas State, and I expect Auburn to once again struggle, but their defense will step up and win the game for the Tigers.

Northern Iowa at Iowa State – UNI 24 – ISU 17. In a battle of two division two programs, I'll take the team that one last year.

No comments: