Thursday, October 4, 2007

Week 5 NFL Picks

I'm currently in the process of completing a lot of school work and watching the MLB playoffs right now, so I'm just going to run down the picks without very much analysis. More detail will follow in the next few days about the state of the Cubs and all the teams in the baseball playoffs.

Here are my picks:

Record to Date – 32-25-4 (Good, but not spectacular)

Panthers @ Saints (-3 1/2) - The Saints simply are not a very good team, and even without Jake Delhomme, the Panthers defense should be stout enough to shut down the Saints offense.

Jaguars (-2) @ Chiefs – This is the game that I believe is an absolute lock. With that being said, I'm sure Kansas City will come out and beat the Jaguars by 27.

Lions @ Redskins (-3 ½) – Jason Campbell's improving, and the Redskins offense should have their way against a weak Detroit defense.

Falcons @ Titans (-8 ½) – Joey Harrington finds a way to keep this game within a touchdown throughout, but throws a late interception that allows the Titans to squeeze it out.

Dolphins @ Texans (-6) – No Andre Johnson, the Texans are no good.

Seahawks @ Steelers (-6) – I seriously thought about picking the Seahawks for this game, but I kept thinking back to the Steelers v. Bears game two years ago where the Steelers just kept running right at the Bears undersized defense. I foresee the same thing happening to the Seahawk's undersized defense.

Browns @
Patriots (-17) – This is an absolutely huge spread, and I think the Patriots end up only winning by 14 against an improving Browns team that I almost picked as my sleeper team in front of the Bills.

Cardinals (-3 ½) @ Rams – The Cardinals defense is probably the most underrated defense in the entire league.

Jets @ Giants (-3 ½) – Brandon Jacobs comes back and the Giants continue their upswing in the NFC East standings.

Buccaneers @ Colts (-10) – The loss of Cadillac Williams is absolutely huge for the Bucs. I sincerely hope that he does indeed get better after suffering an injury that for some reason reminded me a lot of Shaun Livingston's devastating injury last season. But, getting back to this game, I just think that the Bucs will be overmatched on the Indy turf against a team whose defense is improving every week.

Chargers @ Broncos (-1 ½) – I'm making the proposal that if Norv Turner does not run the combination of LaDainian Tomlinson and Michael Turner 35 times, he should be fired on the spot.

Ravens (-3 ½) @ 49ers – The big question from this game is: are the 49ers a better team without Alex Smith playing quarterback? There's a likely possibility that the answer to that question is yes.

Bears @ Packers (-3 ½) – This is the Bears last stand. If they lose this game to the Packers, they can kiss the division championship goodbye and probably the wildcard too. I have a feeling that the Packers will end up winning, but I think it will be close. On a perpendicular subject, how is Chicago's quarterbacking messiah working out so far?

Cowboys (-11) @ Bills – I picked a lot of road teams this week, and the trend will continue here. If Dallas focuses throughout the week and Wade Philips can properly prepare them for the Bills, then the Cowboys will win big.

No comments: