Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 7 NFL Picks

Do I love this time of year or what? You have the baseball playoffs, probably the best playoffs of any sport. There's the NFL and College seasons both in full swing, even though this college season has been rather boring for me (I'm a traditional kind of a guy). There's the soccer season, even though Chelsea is falling apart, especially with their best player Didier Drogba wanting out of Stamford Bridge. The end of the NASCAR season's ending, and the NBA is starting back up.

Not to mention, the leaves are changing. And the best thing of all about the fall season is the weather changing, which means that all the guys walking around in sandals have to put them in the back of the closet and switch to tennis shoes. Love it, and what I love more is if I had the gull to drop down some money on my football picks. And without further ado, here are the picks…


 

Record to Date – 49 – 31 – 8


 

Arizona @ Washington (-8 ½) – I've been reading things from the Redskins fans and players saying that they should be 5-1 or 6-0 to this point. I think that they'll start closing teams out late in games with Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts. With that being said, I look for the Redskins to blowout the Cardinals this week with Tim Rataay just signing with the team last week.

Atlanta @ New Orleans (-8) – One win over a marginal team, and everyone's ready to crown the Saints. Not so fast our friends at bodog, take Atlanta, new quarterback Byron Leftwich, and the points.

Baltimore (-3) @ Buffalo – This line is surprisingly low, and I think that the bye week will help the Bills significantly, especially fixing their mangled defense.

New England (-17) @ Miami – Seventeen point underdogs at home? I don't believe I've ever seen that, and on a related note I saw on PTI today that they were arguing whether or not the Dolphins could pull the upset. I didn't listen for the answer because I am quite sick of sports talk television and radio right now, but the question that determines whether or not the Dolphins have a chance is – get ready for it – who is Miami's quarterback? Cleo Lemon, and when facing a team of the magnitude of the Patriots you're going to have to score quite a few points (See AFC playoffs last year), and I don't think Cleo Lemon will do this for the Dolphins Sunday.

San Francisco @ New York Giants (-9) – I think the Giants have a shot at winning the NFC East title.

Tampa Bay @ Detriot (-2 ½) – Does somebody know something I don't? Detroit's hyped WAY too much.

Tennessee (NL) @ Houston – For Tennessee to have any chance, Vince Young must play. So, I'm picking the Texans because I think if Young does play he's going to be significantly limited, and the Texans will just tee off on him in the pocket.

Kansas City @ Oakland (-3) – Yeesh. There are about four games this week I don't really have any idea of who to pick. So I'll go with the team in this game with the best player on the field.

New York Jets @ Cincinnati (-6 ½) – I'm picking against the Bengals until they prove me wrong, and against the Jets there's a distinct possibility that this is that week.

Minnesota @ Dallas (-10) - The Bears are going to really look terrible after the Viking's christening against the Cowboys offense.

Chicago @ Philadelphia (-6) – I think the Eagles win, but the Bears keep it close (I hope).

St Louis @ Seattle (-8 ½) – A game like the Raiders-Chiefs where I really don't have any idea. But I think that the homefield advantage will play a factor before this game is over. With that being said though, I'm changing my mind and taking the points.

Pittsburgh (-4) @ Denver – If I could put money down on a game, it'd most likely be this one. I think the Steelers will use the Sunday night stage to announce themselves.

Indianapolis (-3 ½) @ Jacksonville – The Jaguars are on the cusp of being considered by the talking heads of ESPN to be a Super Bowl team, but I think that they'll have to wait a few weeks because Indianapolis will play exceptional coming off their bye week, which is huge for a finesse team like the Colts.

No comments: