Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Upcoming Weeks

I'm trying to avoid, as is the case in most Augusts previous to this one, all the hype surrounding the NFL's preseason. I think the preseason is relatively insignificant, and I get very angry at ESPN when they lead Sportscenter with a preseason game that doesn't involve a serious injury.

While I will continue to try to avoid all preseason games except the Bears, I am planning on working on creating a preseason ranking of the top 15/16 teams in my eyes in the NFL. This will be based on last year, and the offseason each team has had. Included with the numerical ranking will be 3 or 4 things I expect to see from that team, breakout players, a star watch, and why that team is located where they are in the rankings. There might be other things included with these things if I think of some, but we'll see.

After the rankings will be the way I see the postseason breaking down all the way to the Super Bowl, where I will pick a winner. I will also pick breakout player, rookie of the year, MVP's, and coach of the year for each league.

Weekly NFL columns will be found on my blog during the NFL season, which will in many ways mirror that of Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback with observations of the past week, rankings of the teams after the week, and other things that will be determined at a later date.

Look out for this, and I should be much better at breaking down the NFL and NBA than I am with soccer and baseball, because I have a more extensive background with these two sports.

But also look for a breakdown of the NASCAR race from Michigan this week. And also look out for my attempt to try to sound like I know what I am talking about with breaking down the University of Iowa's football squad this upcoming year. The UofI breakdown will also be coming soon.

No comments: